Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen Sulfide: common problems in well water!
Home owners with private water wells very often face high levels of iron and/or manganese in the water. In well water, the iron/manganese usually appear in the invisible dissolved state, so when the water is first drawn, it appears clear! But as soon as the water is exposed to air, the dissolved iron/manganese are ‘oxidized’ and form insoluble particles.
Oxydation & Aeration: Proven, Efficient, Economical and Ecological ways to treat water!
The method of oxidation is a simple, yet efficient and ecological way to remove iron and manganese from water. Birm, the filter medium used inside of all O2xydizer Series filter systems, has a double function:
1. It acts as a catalyst between the dissolved oxygen and the dis solved iron/manganese compounds present in the water; it greatly enhances the oxidation reaction that converts dissolved iron/manganese into insoluble particles.
2. Thanks to its extremely high active surface area it is very efficient in capturing these insoluble particles and filtering them out from the water.
On top of the proven oxidation process, the revolutionary feature of the O2xydizerPRO is its ‘compressed aeration chamber’ integrated in the filter system itself.
1. During each periodic regeneration, air is being sucked up into the pressure tank by the control valve, which forms a ’compressed aeration chamber’ in the top section of the pressure tank.
2. In service, the untreated water that enters the pressure tank first comes into contact with the air in this ’compressed aeration chamber’, where it gets super-oxygenated; this aeration highly accelerates the oxidation process of dissolved iron/manganese, but it also takes care of hydrogen sulfide by oxidizing it into insoluble sulphur particles.
Dissolved Oxygen (D.O.):
O2xydizer: min. 15% of Iron + Manganese content
PH: - for Iron removal: 6,8 - 9,0
- for Manganese removal: 8,0 - 9,0
- for Iron & Manganese removal: 8,0 - 8,5
Maximum contaminant level::
Iron (Fe2+): 3 mg/L (1)
Manganese (Mn2+): 2 mg/L (1)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S): 0,1 mg/L (2)
Iron (Fe2+): 15 mg/L
Manganese (Mn2+): 2 mg/L
Hydrogen Sulfide(H2S): 5 mg/L
OX-1Pro 1 cuft = 1,1qm/hour
OX-2Pro 2 cuft = 1,6qm/hour